Friday, January 2, 2009

So ugly she's cute

No, I am not talking about one of my kids.  LOL!

010209

Today's featured subject is one of our kitties.  This is Nellie.  She is a Himalayan and is about 8-10 years old. 

When I went to find today's photo subject Nellie seemed to pose for me.  She found a perfect spot and just kept posing.  It was really cute.  In fact, this is the first time I have ever gotten a good picture of her.

We adopted her from a pure bred rescue about 4 years ago.  I remember seeing her listed on their website for a long time.  I was kind of a stalker to their website.  I would check in almost daily to see what pretty kitties they got in.  I felt bad for Nellie.  She was there for so long that I started feeling really bad for her.  She definitely wasn't the prettiest kitty in the bunch but she still deserved a loving home.  She had some eye problems and an unknown history.  I told my husband about her and we decided to go visit her and see if she would be a good addition to our home.  Her foster mom told us over the phone to not expect much.  She said she that our first reaction will probably be that she is pretty ugly but she said that she is so ugly that she is kind of cute.  When we got to see her she was very skittish.  She was kind of ugly but there was something really adorable about her too.  She didn't like to be held and stayed away from the other kitties in her foster home.  After some deliberation we decided to take her home.  Her eye problems might have required for her to have future surgery but we were willing to take on the risk.  She was definitely not a lap cat and she didn't like to be picked up or held.  We kept the name that the rescue had given her.  Nellie seemed fitting because she was so nervous all the time.  Well, here we are so many years later and she is almost not like the same cat.  Her eye problems seemed to mostly stem from her nervousness.  When she gets really nervous her eyes water like crazy.  She loves attention now.  She will even hop up onto my husbands lap and soak up any attention that he will give her.  Nellie was a great addition to our family.  Oh yeah, she doesn't look much like the same kitty we picked up all those years ago.

Here's my LO:

010209-Nervous-Nellie

Credits:
Template - Template Freebie 11 - ChrissyW
Kit - Lakehouse - Collab by Angie and ChrissyW
Journaling:
We adopted Nellie from a pure bred rescue about 4 years ago. I remember seeing her listed on their website for a long time. I was kind of a stalker to their website. I would check in almost daily to see what pretty kitties they got in. I felt bad for Nellie. She was there for so long that I started feeling really bad for her. She definitely wasn't the prettiest kitty in the bunch but she still deserved a loving home. She had some eye problems and an unknown history. I told my husband about her and we decided to go visit her and see if she would be a good addition to our home. Her foster mom told us over the phone to not expect much. She said she that our first reaction will probably be that she is pretty ugly but she said that she is so ugly that she is kind of cute. When we got to see her she was very skittish. She was kind of ugly but there was something really adorable about her too. She didn't like to be held and stayed away from the other kitties in her foster home. After some deliberation we decided to take her home. Her eye problems might have required for her to have future surgery but we were willing to take on the risk. She was definitely not a lap cat and she didn't like to be picked up or held. We kept the name that the rescue had given her. Nellie seemed fitting because she was so nervous all the time. Well, here we are so many years later and she is almost not like the same cat. Her eye problems seemed to mostly stem from her nervousness. When she gets really nervous her eyes water like crazy. She loves attention now. She will even hop up onto my husbands lap and soak up any attention that he will give her. Nellie was a great addition to our family. Oh yeah, she doesn't look much like the same kitty we picked up all those years ago.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think she is ugly at all! Kudos to you and your family for adopting her. A loving home is a great cure for many ills!

    ReplyDelete